I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou(Heinemann New Windmill Series, 1995)
- Sympathy - Laurence Dunbar Poem The poem from which Maya Angelou took her book's title.
- Caged Bird - Identity Notes on the factors that shape Maya's emerging identity (discrimination against Black people; oppression of women; Literature; the Bible; heroes/heroines).
- Caged Bird - Language Variety A table for analysing the different varieties of English spoken in Caged Bird.
- Caged Bird - Style Worksheet directing students to examine the use of dialect, imagery (including Christian imagery) and narrative voice in Caged Bird.
- Caged Bird - Text Productions A list of "text productions" (writing in different genres) for the International Baccalaureate English A2 examination.
- Fiction and Autobiography A table comparing features of fiction and autobiography - demonstrating that they have more in common than we normally suppose.
- Sympathy and RSPCA Webpage A table comparing stylistic features of the Laurence Dunbar poem, Sympathy (see above), and an RSPCA webpage. Preparation for an English A2 Comparative Commentary.